This week we are switching up our meal prep and adding chili to the menu! I’m not a huge chili fan but my husband LOVES this recipe we got from Testosterone Nation and it’s been our go-to chili recipe for a while now!
Here’s what you need…
• 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef or turkey
• 1-2 medium onions, chopped
• 2 red peppers, chopped
• 5 carrots, chopped
• 2 cups spinach
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 28 ounces Italian peeled tomatoes with juice
• 46 ounces Spicy Hot V8 Juice
• 16 ounces red kidney beans, drained
• 16 ounces white northern beans, drained
• 2 tsp iodized salt (to protect you from all-too-common iodine deficiencies)
• 2 tsp oregano
• 5 tsp. chili powder
• three-fourth tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 cup raw cashews, ground until almost butter
• Optional: one-fourth pound grass-fed liver, ground to itty-bitty bits (this small of an amount won’t affect the taste)
1 Brown burger (and liver, if so desired) in large soup kettle and remove when cooked.
2 Brown onions, red peppers, carrots, and garlic in olive oil in the same kettle.
3 Add tomatoes, V8 juice, beans, all the spices, and the ground cashews and stir.
4 Cover and simmer for at least two hours, stirring occasionally. Add spinach about 10 minutes before eating.
And there you have it! What’s your favorite chili recipe?